The STRENGTH you need.
The PARTNERSHIP you expect.

VACORP is taking the threat from the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. In our efforts to protect employees and members, while providing the support and efficiency you expect, we are updating the information found at the link below, which will take you to websites with trusted information to answer questions on related workers’ compensation claims, impacts of ongoing closures across the state, and responses to changes in staff availability during this unprecedented time. As the situation in Virginia and around the country evolves, please visit this site and the link below to find the very latest information available for VACORP members.
COVID-19 Resources

TULIP – Event Insurance

TULIP is the Tenant Users Liability Insurance Program that provides inexpensive, short-term liability insurance for “tenant users” or individuals and groups seeking to hold events or conduct organized activities on VACORP Members’ property. Typically, the cost for this policy begins at $100 and may go up, depending upon the event specifics. TULIP provides $1,000,000 in liability coverage for the tenant user (purchaser) for the event and it protects the VACORP Member from a tenant’s actions by automatically naming you as additional insured, meaning actions by the tenant will not become a liability for that Member.

For events serving alcohol, host liquor liability insurance is included in the basic TULIP.  When selling alcohol, host liquor liability coverage is excluded, but can be included for additional charge.


Even the best-organized and lowest-risk event can experience complications, which can turn into claims of injury or property damage arising from the event. For the organizer, group, or sponsor, the potential claim could mean personal assets are at risk. Having a short-term liability insurance policy in effect means that tenant users have financial protection standing between their personal funds and a claimant. VACORP recommends that Members require tenant users to have insurance to protect Members from liability exposures of activities over which the Members have little or no control. TULIP provides this protection by listing the Member as an additional insured.

How do I Get TULIP?

Below is a link that takes a tenant user directly to the online application, where they will complete the application and pay in a few easy steps.

  1. VACORP member event planner/tenant user to use the online application
  2. Tenant user enters or searches for the Venue ID code for the specific event location, completes online application, and receives a quote.  NOTE:  if Venue ID Code/location not found, contact Member Services
  3. If the tenant user elects to purchase the coverage, they pay by credit card and will receive a certificate of insurance via email
  4. Tenant user forwards the certificate of insurance to Member/facility owner.

Sporting Events Coverage from TULIP?

Tenant users who are seeking insurance coverage for sporting events can now purchase this using the online application.


For additional information contact VACORP Underwriting by emailing Stephanie Brown at or calling (844) 986-2705.